Hello everyone! I was recognized by Kat, who has a wonderful blog that everyone who has not already (or hasn’t seen it in a bit) should check out. Her blog is Dandelion Fuzz, and here is the link: http://katcarpita.wordpress.com. Her blog is great to read and my Mama reads every post by her.
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog award, and my Mama says that “lovely” means beautiful and great, so I am very honored and humbled (Mama taught me that word and says that is a good thing to be when you get recognized for doing something good.)
The first thing is to say 7 facts about me. Here goes:
1. I am now over 13 months old, so I am practically an adult in a little body.
2. I am very adventurous and I like to climb. I can’t walk yet, but I know how to climb on the couch and the bed, and I can get around most anywhere that I want to. I can’t figure out how to climb onto the kitchen counters yet, but give me time, Mama, give me time.
3. I like to lounge around in bed, and I have already discovered the wonders of sleeping in– often until 9 a.m. Mama and Daddy say that means that they are really, really lucky on weekends when they can sleep in. I do love my morning snuggle time too, until I am ready to go. Then… I go.
4. I like to have books read to me, and even though sometimes I grab and eat the books that Mama or Daddy are reading to me, I want for them to keep reading while I do it.
5. I have only two teeth, but I can gum and chew most anything that is small enough, and I don’t like baby food anymore. I am a big girl, and I want to eat everything that Mama and Daddy are eating. I know the good stuff.
6. I don’t like cake. Daddy says that this is rare for someone my age, but I prefer fruit to cake. Mama says that this is a good thing and that she hopes that I stay that way.
7. Mama and Daddy and other people too have said that I am an “old soul.” They say I look at the world like it is new but not new all at the same time.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.(Check.)
2. List the rules and display the award.(Check.)
3. Include seven facts about yourself.(Check.)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award.(See below. Check.)
5. Display the award and follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already!) (Already done! Mama loves Kat’s blog!)
Here are my nominees. Mama helped me with this part. All of these blogs are ones that Mama shows to me and reads or looks at the beautiful photography. Mama told me to let you all know that if you don’t want to participate, that’s okay, too. It is always good to be recognized, and these area all blogs that I see my Mama reading.
http://edenseffort.wordpress.com (Note: This last blog is close to my heart and Mama’s because my big sister Addie has type one diabetes.)
Thank you again, Kat! http://katcarpita.wordpress.com
Mama has been on a kick with reading to me lately. It’s mostly a man named Dr. Seuss who makes sounds match up (Mama calls this rhyming but it sounds like music to me) and Goodnight Moon, but today she read a poem that she said was my middle name called “Annabel Lee.” This really sad man wrote it she said, and because of that it was a really sad poem, but Mama says that it’s happier than a lot of what he did. I sure am glad that she picked this one then, because this was about as sad as I can take at my age.
Mama said that Daddy used to work on a boat with the same name, which is why he named me that, and she said that her Daddy, my Grandpa, used to read it to her when she was little like me. She called this a tradition. I think that I like those.
The poem was beautiful even though it was sad, and it felt kind of like when we were in that boat going back and forth and back and forth. Mama says it’s hard to write poems because they have to line up just right, but I think that I can do it if I try really hard. I only know this one, so I’m going to have to make it sound the same.
Dorian Annabel Dean
It was many and many a day ago,
In a kingdom small as me,
That a baby there lived that you may know
Named Dorian Annabel Dean;
And this baby she lived with no other thought
Than to love and to be loved by we.
I am a child and so are we all,
In this kingdom small as me:
But we love with a love that is more than love—
My Mama my Daddy and me;
With a love that the angels who look from above
Watch over them and me.
And this was the reason that, days ago,
In this kingdom as small as me,
The sun it shone on us all, warming
Wee Dorian Annabel Dean;
So that my Mama and Daddy came,
To enjoy the sun with me,
To put me in my Mama’s arms,
In this kingdom small as me.
The angels, who watched over them in Heaven,
Were protecting them and me—
Yes! That is the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom small as me)
That the sun came out of the clouds by day,
Warming wee Dorian Annabel Dean.
Oh our love it by far was stronger by far than the love
Of many much older than we—
And many much “wiser” than we—
And all of the angels in Heaven above,
And our God who looks down on us three,
Forever connects Mama and Daddy’s souls
To wee Dorian Annabel Dean.
For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
Of my Mama, my Daddy and me;
And the stars always rise, and they know the bright eyes
Of wee Dorian Annabel Dean —
And so, all the nighttime, I lie down by the side,
Of my Mama—my Daddy—my life and my pride,
In my kingdom as small as me,
My Mama and Daddy and me.