Oh, oh, ohhhhh, I am so excited. In the last year (yes, I said year, because I just passed my blogging anniversary the other day), I have been honored by having a few awards by those who matter most in my blog world… the people who take the time to read my little toddler-headed thoughts. My Mama said that I should be “humbled,” and when she explained what that meant, I agree. I am so very humbled and happy to be recognized. The person who nominated me, Poetry and Chocolate and Books, is truly one of the very best blogs that my Mama and I have come across. If you don’t know her work, please take the time to stop by. You won’t regret it, promise, but you may lose some well spent minutes (or hours) on her site. 🙂 Her link is: https://poetryandchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com. Follow her and fall in love with her thoughts.
As all blogger awards go, there are rules. Some rules are meant to be broken, but these aren’t because these awards are about you, yes, but they are even more about recognizing other bloggers that you have been touched by. There are so many of those… and I am thankful for all of them.
That said, here are the rules:
– Show the award on your blog (check).
– Thank the person who nominated you (check).
– Share 7 facts about yourself
– Nominate 15 blogs.
– Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know. 🙂
Two down, three to go! Let’s see, seven things about me. Since I am small, those things change all of the time, so I will “live in the moment” and share seven things going on right now. Right this very minute.
1. I still only have 10 teeth at over 20 months old. I know a baby that is a year younger with the same amount, so that makes me a bit behind on the teeth department. That doesn’t mean that I can’t take care of my food needs. Those 10 teeth? They work overtime and I know how to use them.
2. I am currently obsessed with the movie “Frozen.” My Mama tells me that this is true for about half of the population under the age of 7, so this is not unique, but my singing along is. From morning until night I sing “Let it Go” over and over and over and over and over again. I sing it in the crib, I sing it around the house, in the car… everywhere. I have a bit of trouble with my “L” sounds right now though, so it comes out “Det it Do.” It is beautiful all the same though, so even though Mama and Daddy seem a bit tired of the movie, they never get tired of hearing me shout-sing “Det it Dooooooooo, Det it Dooooooo…” See? I can’t even stop in this blog.
3. Speaking of singing, I have been told that I have a beautiful singing voice. I sing from morning until night everywhere that I go. My Daddy says that I have good “pitch,” which he says means that I can hear the notes and sing along to them just like I heard. All that I know is that I love to do it.
4. My Mama tries so hard, but I just can’t keep my clothes and my face clean. I am always snacking on something while moving around, and it leads me to having stains on my pretty clothes. My Mama stated that she is surprised I have any clothes without spots on them left. Even though this is true, I do not like things being dirty, and “eewwwwwwwww” is one of my favorite words because it makes Mama and Daddy take away the things that I find yucky.
5. I love water. Any water anywhere. I would take a bath and help with the dishes every moment that I am awake if I were allowed to. Wrinkly skin? Not an issue for these hands– I love it when my hands and feet get all wrinkly.
6. Sometimes I don’t exactly pay attention to where I am headed. When this happens, I have bumped into walls and doorways. Lesson learned– paying attention while moving is important. Note: That does not mean that this will not happen again tomorrow.
7. I love my veggies more than candy. Mama says that makes me just plain odd in the kid world, but they just taste better to me. Broccoli over chocolate… well, usually broccoli over chocolate anyway. Fruit popsicles are the exception to this rule, though… especially the pineapple ones.
Now for the nominees. My Mama and I tried to pick blogs that we have found and love that we consider “versatile.” Mama had to explain that one to me too, and I think that I get it. It means that I do a lot of different types of things. That is me all of the time. I am the essence of versatility. These wonderful people are too…
All of these blogs are wonderful and we visit them often. Some have beautiful pictures, some have beautiful poetry or creative writing, some have inspirational thoughts, and some have all of the above. All of them are worth visiting and following– bring them into your reading list when you have the time. 🙂 I love the community of bloggers that we have found in this past year’s journey. There are so, so many wonderful folks out there and we are lucky to get to be a small part of their virtual lives.
That’s it! If you have hung on until the end of this post, we’re all done with the list now. It’s a lot like when my Mama has to clean the house and she has a “to-do” list. I have checked off the list. I have also now learned the word “versatile” as my Mama had to explain it to me, so I am more wise than I was before I started creating this blog. Thank you all, and again, thanks to Poetry and Chocolate and Books for nominating me. It means more than I can express here.
Mama told me that we were nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award the other day by Stylish Affairs, a wonderful blog site about being happy, confident, proud of the skin that you are in, and, as the title states, stylish as you go. 🙂 The cousin team who write for Stylish Affairs are wonderful, and they have brought inspiration and happiness to their audience. They are inspirational and well worth following and reading. 🙂
Since I was nominated once before a while ago, this blog is standing as a thank you to Stylish Affairs and to nominate other wonderful blogs that Mama and I have found while reading. Mama and I specifically enjoy reading inspirational blogs– ones that lift you up– and parenting blogs (because Mama says that having a community of others parenting is a wonderful thing– I don’t know about this, but I sure like the pictures of all of the little ones about my size). This go around is to nominate others that are in one of those categories. Here. We. Go. The nominees are:
This site is a parenting blog, and it is done by the Mama of a little girl, Eisley, by her Mama. Alexa. Easley is the subject of many of the blogs, and she is a beauty. Beautiful pics of food and Alexa’s little one can be found here, and it is well worth the visit and follow.
We recently found Terri and her blog, too. Mama loves this one because it has simple and direct parenting advice and fun information. It is a mix of a lot of different topics related to family and health. I love the pics of food and her wee one.
This is a wonderfully powerful and inspirational blog about health, wellness, love, and parenting. Stop by, follow, and be inspired and happier before you leave. Motivational messages are a wonderful thing even for us little ones.
Food is inspiration, and wonderful pictures and recipes of food can be found here. I love this one a lot because pretending to cook, looking at how Daddy cooks, and eating food are some of my very favorite things.
We just found this Mama, too, and the pics of her little one, Charlotte, is the subject of her blog. She is doing what Mama is helping me to do– making memories and keepsakes for when her little one gets big.
This is a parenting advice and diary for her wee one. Annie, the writer, blogs helpful advice for other Mama’s entering the parenting world and the fun things that she gets to do with her little one. Mama says she loves London and wants to go back, so seeing beautiful pictures there is a great thing.
This is what it says that it is, and that is a wonderful blog about being positive. Many inspirational messages here, and Mama and I are both happy that we found Magdalena and her site.
We also recently found this blog, and we are both happy that we did. This blog is a diary of sorts with parenting information, health information, and general life information. All of the posts are fun and well worth the read.
That’s it! All of these wonderful folks deserve recognition for their wonderful work. Please stop by to support them if you can. To the bloggers nominated– if you have been nominated before, that’s okay. You don’t have to do a post, or if you do, you can always nominate other blogs that you love too. 🙂 To Stylish Affairs once again, thank you so, so much.
All in one day Mama told me that I got the Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. That is a lot to take in for me—because I don’t really understand recognition. Mama said that being recognized means that someone is letting you know that you are helping them out or doing a good job. I don’t do much—I just smile and laugh—and Mama and Daddy seem to melt. I guess that I am pretty powerful after all if I can do that.
Mama said that this award is pretty special because it means that you are an inspiration. That is a big word, so she had to explain it to me. She told me that it means that you encourage others and that you are a good example for them. I do think that big people should live more like us “little people,” so hopefully I help others to do that, I am already working on doing good in the world.
Melody of “Life’s Daily Dose” nominated me for this award. Her blog is wonderful and we nominated her for a different award today because Mama loves to read her work. Please check her site out at http://blog.lifesdailydose.com.
Here are the “rules.” I am generally a rebel (Mama says that is a word for rule breaker), but I know that sometimes following what you should do is important.
– Display the above logo on your blog
– Provide the link to the person who nominated your blog
– Nominate 15 bloggers who have inspired you
– Inform those bloggers of their nomination and placing links to their blogs
Mama says that there are a lot of diabetic blogs on the list this time for my big sister Addie—because it is always good to have support for T1D. We also love to travel, so we picked a few travel blogs, too, and we love beautiful words and art, so all of the blogs include beauty with words or pictures. Thank you all for making such wonderful work to share with others.
If you do not wish to do a post, no worries. We just wanted to take the time to recognize you all.
Thank you so much again, Melody. ☺
XO, Dorian Dean
Today my Mama told me that I had been nominated for an award called the “Liebster Award.” Mama let me know that this was an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers that have read what they have created. It’s really wonderful to be recognized, especially when you are new to the Earth. I won a contest a bit ago, and now I have an award—all before I am a year old. My Mama says that she is really proud of me and that I am to do great things in my lifetime. Thank you, Regular Indian Girl, for nominating me.
Mama loves reading blogs and sometimes reads them to me, and she said that A Regular Indian Girl’s blog is one of the ones that she enjoys reading the most. She doesn’t read her blog to me because she says that many of the posts are things that I would not understand yet, but she says that she speaks about the strength of women a lot, so I am sure that I will love reading her blog when I get bigger and my brain is ready. Her blog can be found here:
http://aregularindiangirl.wordpress.com. Please check out her wonderful blog. ☺
Mama says that there are rules for accepting this award. I don’t understand rules and hardly even understand that word “no” that Mama and Daddy say when I am getting close to breakable things or when I am moving to the puppy’s water bowl, so my Mama is going to have to help me with this one.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Whew… that’s a lot of stuff to do. This may take until after my next nap. I guess that the next thing that I need to do is to share 11 things about me. Here goes…
1. My favorite food right now is my Daddy’s homemade sweet potatoes. My Daddy puts a bit of brown sugar in them, carrots, and apples, and just a touch of pink salt. Mama says that they taste good enough for her to eat and that Daddy is a great cook.
2. I grab everything that is around me, and I am always looking for more things to do. My Daddy calls me “inquisitive,” whatever that means. All that I know is that the word “no” comes up a lot when I am being “inquisitive” and that Mama and Daddy run really fast to scoop me up every time that they say it.
3. I am tall for my age, in the 90th percentile, but my Mama and Daddy aren’t tall. If I keep growing this fast, I am going to pass them one day.
4. My current obsession is the mysterious “staircase.” Mama and Daddy both seem very worried about this and I have heard them say the words “baby gate” and “not for a long time.”
5. I touched the Pacific Ocean with my feet and hands, but I haven’t even been to the Atlantic Ocean yet, and I live on the east coast.
6. I can say “Mama,” “Mommy,” “Dada,” “Daddy,” “Hey,” and “Doggie” already, and there are many, many words inside my head. My Mama says that I am a genius. She is right.
7. I look just like my Daddy… like a little girl “twin.” I act like him, too, which means I am already a very funny little girl and very determined to do what I want to do.
8. I can drink out of a straw, but I can’t figure out how to stop drinking before I have way too much in my mouth, so I dribble.
9. I am almost always happy and laid back. Daddy says that I am a ray of sunshine. I sure hope that I’m not too shiny like the real sun, though, because it sure does hurt my eyes sometimes when we are going in the giant box with wheels called a car.
10. Everything that goes in my hand goes in my mouth within
14 seconds or less.
11. I fight sleep like a champion prizefighter— In fact, I am fighting sleep right now and am due for my afternoon nap.
Okay, the 11 answers to the questions given:
1. Are you addicted to something? If yes, What? Yes, green smoothies, grabbing at the kitties, and putting things in my mouth. I do all of these things every day and Mama says that addictions are things that you feel like you have to do every day… do they count?
2. What does money mean to you? Why? I had to ask Mama what money was since I didn’t know. Apparently almost everything in our house is here because of it, our lights are on because of it, and it “makes the world go ‘round.” What I think from what I hear is that life would be a lot easier without it, but Mama said that it was a bit tougher to change than to just make it go away.
3. What is your passion? What do you like to do the most apart from eating and sleeping? Seeing new things and finding out more about the world around me.
4. What quality of your best friend/friends do you admire? My Mama and Daddy are my best friends. I love that they always seem to have the energy to keep up with me and take care of me, even when their eyes get all glazy like I get when I am getting ready to fall asleep.
5. Have you ever felt guilty for doing something in life that keeps troubling you even now? I have not lived enough life yet to feel what people call “guilt.” Mama says everyone will eventually, but for me it will be a long time from now.
6. What is that one good thing that you can proudly say to anyone about yourself, I mean a lesson from your life that people can learn? Oh, I am a small person, a “baby,” so besides the fact that I live mostly for my own interests, I think that everyone could learn to look at the world like I do… after all, there is magic everywhere, and you big people don’t seem to see it.
7. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone? If yes, what did you learn/admire/hate about being in a relationship? I have relationships with all of my family, and there are a lot of them. I learn from them every single day, I admire them all for the amazing magic that they can do like cook food and move really fast where they need to do, and I don’t “hate” anything yet. Mama says I’m lucky on that last one.
8. Whom do you admire the most in your family? I can’t pick… I have too many family members that I admire and adore.
9. What kind of person are you (Funny/humorous/serious/shy…….) I am all of those things and more… although I am more funny than anything. I wear my heart on my sleeve as I have not learned to hide it yet, so I show all of my emotions every day.
10. If you were given a chance to go out on a dinner with
someone, who would that lucky one be? Mama says these
questions are hard for a little baby to answer because big
people would understand them better. I love going to eat
with Mama and Daddy because I love food more than almost
11. Which is your favorite post from your blog? If I would insist that you pick one out of the lot, Which one would that be? I
have enjoyed all of my posts, but if I had to pick one, it
would be my rewrite of “Annabel Lee.”
Here are my own nominees:
1. Dandelion Fuzz. This blog is always fantastic to read, and you never, ever know what to expect.
2. Momsasaurus: I love her blog because her family seems to like a lot of the same things that we do in our house. ☺ The Mama has a great sense of humor, too.
3. Our Rumbling Ocean. What a wonderful blog about family, adventures, and nature—my favorite things.
4. Blackbird Scraps. Fun with crafts and scrapbooks, things that my Mama loves, and beautiful pictures of the wee ones.
5. Nemo Alter. Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous words are found here.
Coming up with questions is not hard for a little person like me—I have questions about everything all of the time. Here are my questions for you all that Mama and I are nominating:
1. What is your favorite thing about nature?
2. What do you still do to play? I sure hope that all of you still know how to play.
3. What family member changed your life the most?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. If you could go back to being a kid, what is the first thing that you would do?
6. What is your favorite book ever?
7. Where have you traveled?
8. Who is your favorite children’s character?
9. Who is your hero?
10. Who was the teacher that made the biggest difference in your life?
11. What is your favorite post from your blog?
Thank you to everyone who reads about my adventures, thank you for the nomination Regular Indian Girl, and thank you to the nominees that me and Mama picked for having such wonderful blogs to read. I hope that you enjoy your nomination and pass it on to others that you think have wonderful blogs, too. ☺