I am “Versatile?” I am “Versatile!” The Versatile Bloggers Award
Oh, oh, ohhhhh, I am so excited. In the last year (yes, I said year, because I just passed my blogging anniversary the other day), I have been honored by having a few awards by those who matter most in my blog world… the people who take the time to read my little toddler-headed thoughts. My Mama said that I should be “humbled,” and when she explained what that meant, I agree. I am so very humbled and happy to be recognized. The person who nominated me, Poetry and Chocolate and Books, is truly one of the very best blogs that my Mama and I have come across. If you don’t know her work, please take the time to stop by. You won’t regret it, promise, but you may lose some well spent minutes (or hours) on her site. 🙂 Her link is: https://poetryandchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com. Follow her and fall in love with her thoughts.
As all blogger awards go, there are rules. Some rules are meant to be broken, but these aren’t because these awards are about you, yes, but they are even more about recognizing other bloggers that you have been touched by. There are so many of those… and I am thankful for all of them.
That said, here are the rules:
– Show the award on your blog (check).
– Thank the person who nominated you (check).
– Share 7 facts about yourself
– Nominate 15 blogs.
– Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know. 🙂
Two down, three to go! Let’s see, seven things about me. Since I am small, those things change all of the time, so I will “live in the moment” and share seven things going on right now. Right this very minute.
1. I still only have 10 teeth at over 20 months old. I know a baby that is a year younger with the same amount, so that makes me a bit behind on the teeth department. That doesn’t mean that I can’t take care of my food needs. Those 10 teeth? They work overtime and I know how to use them.
2. I am currently obsessed with the movie “Frozen.” My Mama tells me that this is true for about half of the population under the age of 7, so this is not unique, but my singing along is. From morning until night I sing “Let it Go” over and over and over and over and over again. I sing it in the crib, I sing it around the house, in the car… everywhere. I have a bit of trouble with my “L” sounds right now though, so it comes out “Det it Do.” It is beautiful all the same though, so even though Mama and Daddy seem a bit tired of the movie, they never get tired of hearing me shout-sing “Det it Dooooooooo, Det it Dooooooo…” See? I can’t even stop in this blog.
3. Speaking of singing, I have been told that I have a beautiful singing voice. I sing from morning until night everywhere that I go. My Daddy says that I have good “pitch,” which he says means that I can hear the notes and sing along to them just like I heard. All that I know is that I love to do it.
4. My Mama tries so hard, but I just can’t keep my clothes and my face clean. I am always snacking on something while moving around, and it leads me to having stains on my pretty clothes. My Mama stated that she is surprised I have any clothes without spots on them left. Even though this is true, I do not like things being dirty, and “eewwwwwwwww” is one of my favorite words because it makes Mama and Daddy take away the things that I find yucky.
5. I love water. Any water anywhere. I would take a bath and help with the dishes every moment that I am awake if I were allowed to. Wrinkly skin? Not an issue for these hands– I love it when my hands and feet get all wrinkly.
6. Sometimes I don’t exactly pay attention to where I am headed. When this happens, I have bumped into walls and doorways. Lesson learned– paying attention while moving is important. Note: That does not mean that this will not happen again tomorrow.
7. I love my veggies more than candy. Mama says that makes me just plain odd in the kid world, but they just taste better to me. Broccoli over chocolate… well, usually broccoli over chocolate anyway. Fruit popsicles are the exception to this rule, though… especially the pineapple ones.
Now for the nominees. My Mama and I tried to pick blogs that we have found and love that we consider “versatile.” Mama had to explain that one to me too, and I think that I get it. It means that I do a lot of different types of things. That is me all of the time. I am the essence of versatility. These wonderful people are too…
All of these blogs are wonderful and we visit them often. Some have beautiful pictures, some have beautiful poetry or creative writing, some have inspirational thoughts, and some have all of the above. All of them are worth visiting and following– bring them into your reading list when you have the time. 🙂 I love the community of bloggers that we have found in this past year’s journey. There are so, so many wonderful folks out there and we are lucky to get to be a small part of their virtual lives.
That’s it! If you have hung on until the end of this post, we’re all done with the list now. It’s a lot like when my Mama has to clean the house and she has a “to-do” list. I have checked off the list. I have also now learned the word “versatile” as my Mama had to explain it to me, so I am more wise than I was before I started creating this blog. Thank you all, and again, thanks to Poetry and Chocolate and Books for nominating me. It means more than I can express here.