Sometimes Others Make you Feel Special and Wonderful… The Liebster Award. :)
Today my Mama told me that I had been nominated for an award called the “Liebster Award.” Mama let me know that this was an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers that have read what they have created. It’s really wonderful to be recognized, especially when you are new to the Earth. I won a contest a bit ago, and now I have an award—all before I am a year old. My Mama says that she is really proud of me and that I am to do great things in my lifetime. Thank you, Regular Indian Girl, for nominating me.
Mama loves reading blogs and sometimes reads them to me, and she said that A Regular Indian Girl’s blog is one of the ones that she enjoys reading the most. She doesn’t read her blog to me because she says that many of the posts are things that I would not understand yet, but she says that she speaks about the strength of women a lot, so I am sure that I will love reading her blog when I get bigger and my brain is ready. Her blog can be found here:
http://aregularindiangirl.wordpress.com. Please check out her wonderful blog. ☺
Mama says that there are rules for accepting this award. I don’t understand rules and hardly even understand that word “no” that Mama and Daddy say when I am getting close to breakable things or when I am moving to the puppy’s water bowl, so my Mama is going to have to help me with this one.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Whew… that’s a lot of stuff to do. This may take until after my next nap. I guess that the next thing that I need to do is to share 11 things about me. Here goes…
1. My favorite food right now is my Daddy’s homemade sweet potatoes. My Daddy puts a bit of brown sugar in them, carrots, and apples, and just a touch of pink salt. Mama says that they taste good enough for her to eat and that Daddy is a great cook.
2. I grab everything that is around me, and I am always looking for more things to do. My Daddy calls me “inquisitive,” whatever that means. All that I know is that the word “no” comes up a lot when I am being “inquisitive” and that Mama and Daddy run really fast to scoop me up every time that they say it.
3. I am tall for my age, in the 90th percentile, but my Mama and Daddy aren’t tall. If I keep growing this fast, I am going to pass them one day.
4. My current obsession is the mysterious “staircase.” Mama and Daddy both seem very worried about this and I have heard them say the words “baby gate” and “not for a long time.”
5. I touched the Pacific Ocean with my feet and hands, but I haven’t even been to the Atlantic Ocean yet, and I live on the east coast.
6. I can say “Mama,” “Mommy,” “Dada,” “Daddy,” “Hey,” and “Doggie” already, and there are many, many words inside my head. My Mama says that I am a genius. She is right.
7. I look just like my Daddy… like a little girl “twin.” I act like him, too, which means I am already a very funny little girl and very determined to do what I want to do.
8. I can drink out of a straw, but I can’t figure out how to stop drinking before I have way too much in my mouth, so I dribble.
9. I am almost always happy and laid back. Daddy says that I am a ray of sunshine. I sure hope that I’m not too shiny like the real sun, though, because it sure does hurt my eyes sometimes when we are going in the giant box with wheels called a car.
10. Everything that goes in my hand goes in my mouth within
14 seconds or less.
11. I fight sleep like a champion prizefighter— In fact, I am fighting sleep right now and am due for my afternoon nap.
Okay, the 11 answers to the questions given:
1. Are you addicted to something? If yes, What? Yes, green smoothies, grabbing at the kitties, and putting things in my mouth. I do all of these things every day and Mama says that addictions are things that you feel like you have to do every day… do they count?
2. What does money mean to you? Why? I had to ask Mama what money was since I didn’t know. Apparently almost everything in our house is here because of it, our lights are on because of it, and it “makes the world go ‘round.” What I think from what I hear is that life would be a lot easier without it, but Mama said that it was a bit tougher to change than to just make it go away.
3. What is your passion? What do you like to do the most apart from eating and sleeping? Seeing new things and finding out more about the world around me.
4. What quality of your best friend/friends do you admire? My Mama and Daddy are my best friends. I love that they always seem to have the energy to keep up with me and take care of me, even when their eyes get all glazy like I get when I am getting ready to fall asleep.
5. Have you ever felt guilty for doing something in life that keeps troubling you even now? I have not lived enough life yet to feel what people call “guilt.” Mama says everyone will eventually, but for me it will be a long time from now.
6. What is that one good thing that you can proudly say to anyone about yourself, I mean a lesson from your life that people can learn? Oh, I am a small person, a “baby,” so besides the fact that I live mostly for my own interests, I think that everyone could learn to look at the world like I do… after all, there is magic everywhere, and you big people don’t seem to see it.
7. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone? If yes, what did you learn/admire/hate about being in a relationship? I have relationships with all of my family, and there are a lot of them. I learn from them every single day, I admire them all for the amazing magic that they can do like cook food and move really fast where they need to do, and I don’t “hate” anything yet. Mama says I’m lucky on that last one.
8. Whom do you admire the most in your family? I can’t pick… I have too many family members that I admire and adore.
9. What kind of person are you (Funny/humorous/serious/shy…….) I am all of those things and more… although I am more funny than anything. I wear my heart on my sleeve as I have not learned to hide it yet, so I show all of my emotions every day.
10. If you were given a chance to go out on a dinner with
someone, who would that lucky one be? Mama says these
questions are hard for a little baby to answer because big
people would understand them better. I love going to eat
with Mama and Daddy because I love food more than almost
11. Which is your favorite post from your blog? If I would insist that you pick one out of the lot, Which one would that be? I
have enjoyed all of my posts, but if I had to pick one, it
would be my rewrite of “Annabel Lee.”
Here are my own nominees:
1. Dandelion Fuzz. This blog is always fantastic to read, and you never, ever know what to expect.
2. Momsasaurus: I love her blog because her family seems to like a lot of the same things that we do in our house. ☺ The Mama has a great sense of humor, too.
3. Our Rumbling Ocean. What a wonderful blog about family, adventures, and nature—my favorite things.
4. Blackbird Scraps. Fun with crafts and scrapbooks, things that my Mama loves, and beautiful pictures of the wee ones.
5. Nemo Alter. Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous words are found here.
Coming up with questions is not hard for a little person like me—I have questions about everything all of the time. Here are my questions for you all that Mama and I are nominating:
1. What is your favorite thing about nature?
2. What do you still do to play? I sure hope that all of you still know how to play.
3. What family member changed your life the most?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. If you could go back to being a kid, what is the first thing that you would do?
6. What is your favorite book ever?
7. Where have you traveled?
8. Who is your favorite children’s character?
9. Who is your hero?
10. Who was the teacher that made the biggest difference in your life?
11. What is your favorite post from your blog?
Thank you to everyone who reads about my adventures, thank you for the nomination Regular Indian Girl, and thank you to the nominees that me and Mama picked for having such wonderful blogs to read. I hope that you enjoy your nomination and pass it on to others that you think have wonderful blogs, too. ☺